The Clubhouse was originally set up as the home of Buckworth Cricket Club when the local pub closed. George Brown, a Buckworth farmer donated the building next to the Manor House on Church Road together with the necessary materials to enable it to be turned into a Clubhouse. the Clubhouse was opened in 1958 after five months of hard work.
Buckworth’s last cricket match was played in 1984 with the teams’s demise following the creation of Alconbury Sports and Social Club which was able to offer a level playing field free of grazing livestock.
Buckworth Cricket Club has more recently become a centre for village activities. The Parish Council meets in the Clubhouse and it is the village Polling Station
Details of Buckworth Cricket Club can be found on its website www.buckworthcricketclub.co.uk